Skip to main content

The Unintended Post

I didn’t mean to open a new post just now, but in exploring the new bells and whistles on blogger, I pushed a red circle and here I am.

Whenever possible, I am a homebody. The Covid 19 lockdowns made it more possible for me to chose to stay home without looking weird, and it’s hard to give up.

The last month has really changed my online life. It has revealed the darkness of all Salem Communications owned sites, as well as Whatfinger, Liberty Daily, Citizen Free Press and other sites I used to frequent for news from a non full-left slant. Instead they have a mostly pro-Putin / antiUkraine slant!

Even Glenn Beck has gotten askew on his facts regarding Ukraine in 2014. Rather than accepting the public record of a legal quorum of the parliament impeaching Yanukovich after he abandoned his office and nation, Glenn calls the Revolution of Dignity a “coup.” 

However, he’s not as bad as the others and certainly does not exhibit a heart of cruel indifference to the present situation. He sees the way the globalists want to use this war for their own agenda and is rightly calling them out. However, I can’t handle watching or listening to him except on rare occasions because it is just overwhelming. This is a fine example here.

Often I find myself turning to the music videos of Otava yo, a Russian music group. Their lighthearted videos remind me of happier summer days as a student in Ukraine where we shared cultures, folksongs, laughter, and the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Now I read real-time posts from friends made during those summers, as the frontline has crashed into their lives. Powerless to help them individually, I was overdoing it, battling Kremlin trolls online, or in other ways over-focusing on the disaster unfolding not only on Ukraine, but on the whole world. Putin seems to be driving us to the edge of nuclear disaster and the globalist cabal seeks to play the heroes even as they exploit all weakness to serve their own ends.

In the tunes Otava Yo I find an antidote to some of this mental burden, and then I lay it all down in prayer to the only One who can rule the globe in peace and love.

So, I invite you to take a moment to go by the River and lighten your heart and pray for peace.

To give to those in need, please visit Mission Eurasia as they have been helping refugees in country for the last eight years and partner with a number of other organizations to help as many people as possible in this ongoing catastrophe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Place to Get Comfortable

Tonight as I am listening to music I used to love, I find myself going from one time in the past to another and feeling that I can't settle anywhere. This brings to mind the last moments our cat Poe spent at home before we rushed him to the vet at the end of his life. He couldn't move his hind legs, but he willed himself from chair to chair under the kitchen table, trying to find a place of comfort. They had all been satisfying before, but now nothing worked. That's how life feels now. Something drastic has happened, a tragic change, and there is no way to get comfortable or if there is, it won't last. I feel I will be torn from it... like Poe trying to grab the final chair and hang on as I picked him up to head to the car. Now I feel sick to my stomach, not about the past so much as the present and the future. In seminary we discussed civilizations under collapse; people try to recapture previous times, idealized and romanticized versions of the past, o...

Brace for Impact

8/14/2011  As I read the headlines this morning that foretell a likely downgrade of America's credit rating, I could see that image of the cartoon people from airline instruction cards, bracing themselves for impact. We all need to prepare for a bumpy, economic, emergency landing. So, what do we do? I've lived through more than one economic downturn in my life, the most extreme of which were overseas. I had the cushion of hard currency as an exchange student and as an international worker; the people around me had the cushion of having prepared, put by (horded), and using their means frugally. Let me say here that I really don't expect some post-apocalyptic nightmare scenario to materialize with people starving in their basements, having eaten their family pets, and killing their neighbors over stale croutons. What I do expect we could see is more unemployment, more uncertainty, inflation and possibly shortages of foods and durable goods. It is possible we could see...